Thursday, December 22, 2011

Orleans Corner

The is a new establishment that opened across from my work area a few months ago. When it first opened, the food was good and the prices were decent. But it seems that they have changed the chef and increased the price. The owner is friendly and always looking for feedback but the servers are not the most attentive.

The po-boy lunch special may be the best option.


My sister and I came for dinner. When we got in at 9pm, no one was there to greet us. There was only one other family having a birthday dinner. We waited a good 10 minutes before someone finally came out to get us seated with menus.

Sis got the pound of shrimp and I got the macaroni. My sis also got the clam chowder which was not very thick and was lukewarm. That seems to be a big problem of this place. I got the crawfish chowder for lunch one time and it was lukewarm.

They also have sweet tea but I didn't think it was very good.

The shrimp is comparable to that Bubba Gump place. However, I think for the price, Boiling Crab is better. The macaroni was alright, nothing to rave much about.

I had a coupon for buy one, get one entree 50% off with drink, so it was quite a deal.

The place is also known for its alligator bites and frog legs which my cworker is a fan of. When we first went a few months back, they did not have the permit in place to get the alligator shipped, but it seems like everything is in place now.

Come here to get your frog legs and alligator bites!!

No comments:

Post a Comment